Heli-ski in the Terskei-Alatoo mountains that frame the beautiful Lake Issyk -Kul (1600m), the second largest alpine lake in the world. You will see massive 5000+ meter peaks (Terskei, Karakol, Djigit, Oguz Bashi, and more), the mighty spruces of the Tien Shan, huge glaciers, and fantastic mountain scenery. You’ll also see some of the most beautiful mountains in the world: the legendary Khan-Tengri and Pobeda Peaks of the east Tien Shan. Blue sunny skies, pristine expanses of snow, hot springs, and Asian hospitality – all of these things make this area a paradise for heli-skiing and heli-boarding!
Duration: 8 days
This tour includes 13 hours of paid helicopter time (9 hours of riding, 4 hours of helicopter transfer from Bishkek-Karakol-Bishkek), 7-12 runs per day, accommodations at the Karakol ski lodge, meals, and transfers.
Karakol Ski Base
The base is located 400 km from Bishkek and 7 km from Karakol on the slopes of the Tien Shan Mountains. It sits in a forest at an altitude of 2300 meters and is open all year round.
The climate is mild as evidenced by the fact that Lake Issyk-Kul never freezes over. Winters are warm with light frost. The average winter temperature is 5 degrees Celsius. Ski season lasts from November to May. Snow cover reaches a depth of 1.5 -2 meters. A large number of sunny days allow you to sunbathe as well as ski. Ride a snowmobile through the winter forest on the mountain plateau to add another dimension of adventure to your stay.
More than 20 km of trails are available to the experienced skier and adventurer to conquer these mountain slopes for the first time. There are places for freeride skiiers and for those who prefer riding on well-groomed trails. The ski area features wide, spacious descents on virgin slopes as well as prepared slopes. The length of each varies from a 400m - 3.5 km descent. Most trails pass through pine forests.
You can ski at any altitude. The highest point is at 3,040m. There are vertical drops of 800 meters, minimum slopes of 7%, and maximum slopes of 53% with panoramic views of over 5000m peaks and the alpine lake, Issyk-Kul. In winter customers can ascend the slopes are via chairlift; there are also special lifts for transporting sleds. Slopes are prepared and maintained with snowcats.
All rental equipment is from the company “Rossignol.” If you are a first time skier, professional instructors can teach you the art of skiing.
Accommodation at the Ski Lodge
The Karakol complex offers accommodation in the form of hotel rooms and 2 cottages, "chalets.”
Rooms are equipped with furniture necessary for your comfort and convenience, including a TV. Each room has a bathroom and shower.
Accommodation at the hotel "Kapriz"
- This is a year-round modern hotel complex built in 2009. The complex includes the following:
- A ski room
- A sports equipment store
- A service room
- A restaurant with outdoor terrace
- An indoor swimming pool
- 3 saunas (VIP, Finnish , hamam)
- A spa
- A bowling center
- A billiard room
- A theater
- A lobby bar
- A children's room
- 48 hotel rooms (2 and 4 person rooms as well as a VIP Suite)
Available upon request (not included in the tour price):
- Skiing at the ski resort ($20 per person/day)
- Snowmobiling ($115/hour)
- Bar, disco, billiards, karaoke
- The group must contain at least 13 people
- Cost for 1 person with accommodation (a twin room) at the hotel "KAPRIZ": 5150 USD
- The program cost for 1 additional person without heliskiing: $1400
- Surcharge for additional skiing is $260/hour of helicopter time.
- Refund for non-ski time due to bad weather conditions - $180/hour.
- Heli-ski routes are chosen by guides in accordance with the level of training of the group, as well as weather and snow conditions.
- The program is designed around favorable weather conditions
- If skiing is not possible due to weather conditions or safety related issues, money for the “non-ski” time is refunded.
- Refunds are not given for the following reasons: equipment breakdown caused by customer, customer’s physical condition, late departure/early return caused by the customer.
- Insurance is required.
Trip Calendar for 2015:
25.01 - 01.02
01.02 - 08.02
08.02 - 15.02
15.02 - 22.02
22.02 - 01.03
01.03 - 08.03
Arrive at Manas Airport. Pickup at the airport, transfer to Bishkek, breakfast. Drive to Karakol (400km) in a comfortable bus. The road passes through the picturesque Boom Gorge, following the shoreline of Lake Issyk-Kul, the second largest (after Lake Titicaca in Peru) alpine lake in the world. Accommodation at the base. Dinner. Safety instructions. Possibly fly to the skiing area. Dinner. (See course safety and security agreement.)
09:00 Departure to ski area
12:00 Lunch in the mountains
15:00 Return to the hotel
19:00 Dinner and rest
09:00 Departure to ski area
12:00 Lunch in the mountains
16:00 Return to the hotel
20:00-21:00 Transfer to Bishkek
Flight out of Manas Airport.
Do you like this program? Share it with your friends:
- 9 hours of helicopter riding and 4 hours of helicopter transfer from Bishkek-Karakol-Bishkek.
- Accommodation in a standard 2- bed hotel room at the Karakol ski base for 7 nights.
- All transfers mentioned in the program (Manas Airport - Karakol ski resort; Karakol ski resort- Manas Airport
- Meals: full board when at the ski base; Breakfast and lunch during days at the Karakol Hotel Caprice
- Service: professional heli-skiing guides
- Rental communication and rescue equipment: avalanche probe , shovel, probe , ABS backpack
- Sauna (2 hours/day for 10-12 people)
- The cost of flights to Bishkek and back
- Ski equipment rental
- The cost of emergency evacuation
- Surcharge for a single room at the ski lodge at the rate of $240 for 7 nights
- Cost of visa and consular services (for Russian citizens a passport is not required)
- Personal expenses incurred at the hotel bar, international calls, etc.
- Meals and drinks not included in the group menu
- Insurance. To participate in this program you must provide medical transportation insurance (helicopter trips and skiing/snowboarding should be treated as an insurance case) of no less than 10.000 USD. Without presenting insurance, flights are not permitted and payment for the program is not refunded.
- Additional costs caused by poor weather conditions, changes in flight schedules, equipment breakdown, illness, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Payments for excess baggage
- Payment for individual transfers outside the scheduled program
Due to changes in foreign currency (euro, dollar, ruble, som) and an increase in the cost of upkeep and maintenance of the helicopter program, costs may change.