Heli-ski the untouched slopes of Kyrgyzstan’s Suusamyr Valley. The mountains of Suusamyr are 130 km from Bishkek, located between two mountain ranges: the Kyrgyz Ala-Too in the north and the Suusamyr-Too to the south.
The valley’s elevation is 2000-2600m with surrounding peaks of up to 4500m. It has a length (east-west) of over 100 km and is a unique area in that there is a huge range of slopes to choose from with different exposures and lengths. Every year we tackle 3-5 new slopes in this area.
Heli-skiing in Suusamyr provides:
- Calm weather with little to no wind
- Stable snow cover from early November to late March
- Short fly times to ski areas
- Large elevation differences (up to 1000m)
- Excellent snow quality with a depth of up to 2.5 meters.
- Great opportunities to find yourself in the midst of a heli-skiing adventure!
By request (not included in the price):
- Skiing at the ski resort ($18 per person / day);
- Snowmobiling ($25/hour);
- Groups must have at least 13 people.
- Surcharge for additional skiing is $260/hour of helicopter time.
- Refunds are given at a rate of $180/hour if the customer cannot ski due to weather conditions.
- Heli-ski routes are chosen by the guides in accordance with the group’s level of training as well as weather and snow conditions.
- A program designed for favorable weather conditions.
- If skiing cannot be attempted due to bad weather conditions or safety related issues, money for "non-ski" time is returned.
- Refunds are not given for issues related to: equipment failure caused by the customer, customers’ physical condition, or late departure/early return caused by the customer.
- Insurance is required.
Heli-ski Trip Calendar for 2014:
25.01 - 01.02
01.02 - 08.02
08.02 - 15.02
15.02 - 22.02
22.02 - 01.03
01.03 - 08.03
- 8 hours of heli-skiing (1 hour of flight time)
- Accommodation in a standard room with 2 beds at the ski lodge "Too Ashu" for 7 nights
- All transfers mentioned in the program (Manas Airport - ski center, ski resort – Manas Airport)
- Professional heli-ski guides
- Individual survival equipment: avalanche probe, shovel, probe, backpack ABS (Peter Aschauer GmbH)
- Airplane tickets
- Ski equipment rental
- Cost of emergency evacuation
- Surcharge for a single room at the ski lodge
- Visa and other consular services (for Russian citizens a passport is not required)
- Personal spending at the hotel bar, international calls, etc.
- Meals and drinks not included in the group menu
- Insurance. To participate, you must provide medical transportation insurance (helicopter flights and skiing/snowboarding should be treated as an insurance case) of no less than 10,000 USD. Without presenting insurance, flights are not permitted and payment for the program is not refunded.
- Additional costs caused by bad weather conditions, changes in schedules, flights, equipment breakdown, illness, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Payment for excess baggage.
- Payment for individual transfers in terms other than the scheduled program.
Due to changes in foreign currency (euro, dollar, ruble, som) and an increase in the cost of upkeep and maintenance of the helicopter program, costs may change.