This program is in the Terskei-Alatoo Sary-Jaz mountains that frame the lovely Lake Issyk -Kul (1600m), the second largest alpine lake in the world.
You will see grand five-thousanders (Peak Karakol , Horseman , Oguz Bashi, and others), mighty Tien Shan spruces, huge glaciers, and fantastic mountain scenery. Some of the most beautiful peaks in the world of mountains are in the east Tien Shan: the legendary Khan-Tengri and Pobeda Peaks. Blue skies, bright southern sun, pristine expanses of snow, hot springs, and Asian hospitality – all these things make this area a paradise for heli-skiing and heli-boarding!
Duration: 8 days
Period: 20.06 - 27.06
This tour includes 13 hours of paid helicopter time (9 hours of helicopter skiing, 4 hours of helicopter transfer from Bishkek –Karakol – Bishkek), 7-12 runs per day, accommodation at Karkara Base Camp, meals, equipment transfer, and rental of avalanche probes.
Karkara Base Camp
Kyrgyzstan’s Karkara Base Camp is 470km from Bishkek and 70km from Karakol on the slopes of the Tien Shan Mountains. The BC is located in a forest and alpine meadow at an altitude of 2300 meters, available only in summer.
Accommodation at Karkara Base Camp: modern 2-person tents made by Red Fox. Tents are equipped with electricity.
Extra options upon request (not included in the program price):
- Horseback riding
- Sauna (extra time)
- Trips to the hot springs
- Excursions by helicopter to Lake Merzbahera, Victory “Pobeda” Peak and KhanTengri Peak
- Groups must contain at least 13 people;
- Heli-ski routes are chosen by the guides in accordance with the level of training of the group as well as weather and snow conditions;
- This program is designed to favorable weather conditions;
- In case of failure of the program due to bad weather conditions or safety related concerns, money for "non-ski” time is refunded;
- Refunds are not given for situations such as: breakdown of equipment caused by the customer, physical condition of the customer, late departure or early return of the customer, etc.
- Insurance is required.
- Surcharge for additional heli-skiing: $260/hour of helicopter time.
- Refunds are given at the following rate: $180/hour.
- 9 hours of helicopter skiing and 4 hours of helicopter transfer (Bishkek -Karakol – Bishkek);
- Accommodation in standard 2-person tents at Karkara Base Camp for 7 nights;
- All transfers mentioned in the program (Manas Airport – Karkara Base Camp – Manas Airport);
- Meals: Full board and accommodation at the camp; breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Service: professional heli-skiing guides;
- Rental of communication and rescue equipment: avalanche probe, shovel, probe, ABS backpack
- Sauna (2 hours)
- Cost of flight to Bishkek and back
- Rental of ski equipment
- Cost of emergency evacuation;
- Surcharge for a private room ($10);
- Cost of visa and consular services (for Russian citizens a passport is not required);
- Personal expenses: bar, international calls, etc.;
- Meals and drinks not included in the group menu;
- Insurance. To participate in this program, customers must provide medical transportation insurance of no less than $10,000 (helicopter trips and skiing/snowboarding should be included as risks covered by the policy). Without presenting insurance, customers are not permitted on flights and payment for the program is not refunded.
- Additional costs caused by poor weather conditions, changes in flight schedules, equipment breakdown, illness, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Excess baggage fees;
- Payment for individual transfers other than ones in the scheduled program.
Due to changes in foreign currency (euro, dollar, ruble, som) and an increase in the cost of helicopter maintenance, program costs may change.